Top Energy Saving Tips
Here are some of the quickest and most effective ways to help you conserve energy, trim costs, and gain control over the energy usage in your home. You should post these tips in your home so that everyone can join in and save!
- Limit the time you run your pool pump:
- Summer – six hours a day
- Winter – four hours a day
- Cool your home at 78 degrees or higher with the thermostat fan switched to auto. For additional savings, raise your thermostat to 82 degrees or higher when you’re away.
- Reduce your water heater temperature from 140 degrees to 120 degrees, which is the recommended temperature setting according to the U.S. Department of Energy, to save about $2 a month.
- Clean or replace the A/C filter regularly to help your unit run more efficiently and trim cooling costs.
- Turn off your ceiling fan when you leave the room. A fan that runs all the time costs up to $7 a month.
- Replace old, high-flow showerheads with water-efficient showerheads and save up to $80* a year.
- Adjust the water level on your washing machine to match the load size, especially when using hot water. Always use a cold rinse.
- Clean the lint filter in your dryer before every load to dry your clothes faster.
- Use the auto sensor function on your dryer to conserve energy by not over-drying your clothes.
(Information obtained from www.fpl.com)
If you have any questions or concerns about energy saving tips please feel free to contact us at (754) 444 3700.